It’s that time of the year when we seek passionate heroes and heroines to come forward and run for various positions and join the WCSA committee for the 2019-2020 academic year. There are 11 elective positions to fill.
This is an invitation for you to nominate yourself. Before you begin, please take a look at the WCSA election guide which gives you a clear idea of the election processes and what each office entails as well as why you should run.
To nominate yourself, please complete the nomination form here.
You might want to take a look at some samples of past manifestos here to help you prepare your manifesto. This shouldn’t be a stressful process so you are strongly encouraged to come forward and nominate yourself. Serving on WCSA Committee is a fantastic way to contribute to the Wolfson community and to participate in College governance. Do not be put off from running if you feel you don’t have enough experience/knowledge of the College — enthusiasm, hard work, and motivation are all you need!
Positions for Election
All WCSA Committee positions are up for election:
- President (must be able to serve for one full year (i.e. until November 2020) and be here to help the next committee get started as a Transition President) (1 position)
- Vice President (1 position)
- Junior Treasurer (must be able to serve for a fiscal year i.e. January 2020-2021) (1 position)
- Secretary (1 position)
- Entertainments Officers (2 positions open)
- Sports & Societies Officer
- Welfare Officer (1 position)
- Green & Sustainability Officer (1 position)
- External Officer (2 positions open)
The duties of each officer are described under WCSA Standing Order (See the Standing Order section or the newly amended constitution). A more detailed description of roles can be found in the WCSA committee handbook. If you have any questions, I encourage you to contact a current member of WCSA Committee.
Nominations are opened 22:00 pm 28 October 2019. If you wish to nominate yourself, please complete the nomination form with the following information:
- Your full name and CRSid
- The role for which you are standing (you may only stand for election to one role)
- Title and level of your course
- Expected graduation date
- A picture of yourself (JPG, PNG, or GIF)
- A one-page manifesto describing your candidacy
Nominations are due by 10:00 pm on 6 November 2019.
All candidates must attend a public hustings (Election speech) event on 8 November 2019 at 7:30 p.m which will be held in the Club Room. At this event, each candidate will be invited to speak for 2 minutes and receive questions from the audience. If there are any positions for which no one is standing for election, individuals may nominate themselves at the hustings.
Voting will open at 12:00 pm on 9 November 2019 and close at 12:00 pm on 11 November 2019. WCSA elections are conducted online by secret ballot using the single transferable vote (STV) system. For all positions, the option of “re-open nominations” (RON) will be available.
The results of the election shall be announced within 48 hours of the close of voting.