The Wolfson College Students’ Association (WCSA) elections are almost upon us and this is a call for you to nominate yourself! Serving on WCSA Committee is a fantastic way to contribute to the Wolfson community and to participate in College governance. Do not be put off from running if you feel you don’t have enough experience/knowledge of the College — enthusiasm, hard work, and motivation are all you need!
Positions for Election
All WCSA Committee positions are up for election:
- President (must be able to serve for one full year i.e. until November 2018)
- Vice President
- Junior Treasurer (must be able to serve for a fiscal year i.e. January 2018-19)
- Entertainments Officers (2 positions open; must be able to serve for one full year i.e. until November 2018)
- Sports & Societies Officer
- Equality & Diversity Officer
- Green & Campaigns Officer
- External Officer
If you wish to nominate yourself, please send an email to with the following information:
- Your full name and CRSid
- The role for which you are standing (you may only stand for election to one role)
- Title and level of your course
- Expected graduation date
- A picture of yourself (JPG, PNG, or GIF)
- A short (150-word) manifesto describing your candidacy
Nominations are due by 10:00pm on 30 October 2017.
All candidates must attend a public hustings event on 31 October 2017 which will be held in the Club Room. The time will be announced soon. At this event, each candidate will be invited to speak for 2 minutes and receive questions from the audience. If there are any positions for which no one is standing for election, individuals may nominate themselves at the hustings.
Voting will open at 12:00pm on 2 November 2017 and close at 12:00pm on 4 November 2017. WCSA elections are conducted online by secret ballot using the single transferable vote (STV) system. For all positions, the option of “re-open nominations” (RON) will be available.
The results of the election shall be announced within 48 hours of the close of voting.