Welcome to the WCSA welfare page! Here you will find an outline of services and support available to you both in and out of college.

Your WCSA Welfare Officers are: Aditi Chidambaram and Marti Gozzi who can be reached at:

Welfare: Our role involves keeping an eye on the welfare and well-being of all students in College, which we do with continued welfare training from CUSU. Part of the training means that we are able to provide students with confidential welfare support so feel free to contact us with absolutely anything you need to talk about.

Equality & Diversity: Being Welfare Officer entails representing all groups within the college. This includes, but isn’t limited to, the following: BAME students (Black, Asian, and minority ethnic), LGBTQ+ (all self-identifying students), Disabled students (all who self-define as having seen or unseen disabilities, whether diagnosed or not), International students, Part-Time students, Offsite students, Student Parents (all those with children/families), Females (all self-defining women), Males (all self-defining men), Non-Binary students, and students of any gender expression or with questions about gender (particularly via the Gender Support Rep).

As welfare representatives, our job is to provide support; promote understanding and awareness; facilitate participation and engagement; and above all, ensure equality and inclusion for all students. Representing the views and voices of students is essential and this can be absolutely anything from questions or suggestions to issues and complaints.

Additionally, our role serves as a point of contact between students, the college and the University, so feel free at any time to contact us with any questions, suggestions or issues you have!

College Support


As part of pastoral support, you are assigned a Tutor who throughout the year is there to support you with any issues you have, for example worries about finance, mental health concerns, personal issues or questions related to University procedures.


Undergrads are assigned a Director of Studies who provides you with academic support throughout your studies. Any academic related concerns can be discussed with them.

College Nurse

The college nurse is Sally MacCallum who can be reached by email at:  or by phone: 01223 (3)35901. Health related consultations as well as emotional support is offered to both graduates and undergraduates during the year. Currently, the College Nurse is offering a limited service until further notice; mainly remotely via online or telephone consultations Monday to Friday 11am-12pm.

For more information see the college website: http://www.wolfson.cam.ac.uk/health

College-Based Counselling at Wolfson

Wolfson offers a college-based counselling service as well as the University Counselling service (see more info about University Counselling available in ‘University Support’ section). For more info on college-based counselling, or to book an appointment please follow this link: https://www.wolfson.cam.ac.uk/current-students/support/health-wellbeing/college-counsellor


The porters are first aid trained and available 24/7 to help you with any queries or worries, including directing you to whoever you need.


No Tolerance Harassment Policy


University Support

Reporting and Support Services – Harassment or Sexual Misconduct

“Breaking the Silence” is the name of the University’s zero tolerance campaign against sexual misconduct. Students who have experienced, or wish to report, sexual misconduct and harassment can find resources, advice and support through the link below:


Additionally, students (if they feel comfortable) may reach out to their Tutor, the Senior Tutor, or another point of contact within the College.

Students may also seek independent support and information from the Student Advice Service (below).

Students’ Union – Student Advice Service

If you have a question or concern about your time in Cambridge, whether educational or personal, the Student Advice Service can offer you a listening ear and help you explore your options. They offer free, confidential and independent support for students. The Student Advice Service is open to all students, including intermitting students, nonreturning students, spouses, families and dependents of any current students.


Webpage: www.cambridgesu.co.uk/support/advice/

The Student Advice Service is open during the holidays so if you have any questions or would like support with any issues you can contact them by phone (01223 746999) or email ().

CUSU Welfare and Community Officer

For useful welfare advice, information and services you can also reach out to the Cambridge University Students’ Union Welfare and Community Officer, Alice Gildergale at:

The University Counselling Service

Offering individual or group sessions by trained counsellors, see: https://www.counselling.cam.ac.uk/studentcouns for more information. The service is open to all undergraduate students in residence and graduate students on the register (including students of the Theological Colleges).

For appointments:  https://forms.counselling.cam.ac.uk/form

Monday­-Friday (term time only)

The remote Opening Times of the centre are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.

Email: Tel: 01223 (3)32865
Website: www.counselling.cam.ac.uk

The Student Services Centre
Bene’t Street
Cambridge,CB2 3PT
Note: The University Counselling Service is currently operating remotely due to the pandemic.