How to become a member?
To become a member of the Wolfson College Punt Club, please fill in the membership application form.
If you have any questions, please contact our Punt Admiral, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to obtain a Scudamore’s Punt Pass?
- Any Wolfson College Punt Club member who books a Scudamore’s Punt Pass is fully responsible for the vessel they subsequently hire and any damage to the vessel during the period they have hired it.
- To book a Scudamore’s Punt Pass, please fill in the punt reservation form.
You will then receive an email indicating whether your reservation was successful or not. Members are allowed to book twice in a 30 day rolling period and no more than 30 days in advance. These limitations are in place in order to ensure fair usage for all WCPC members.
- To collect your punt you must follow the instructions in the email from Scudamore’s.
You will need to have your college card with you when collecting a craft.
A deposit will be held for each craft before hiring commences (N.B. You must not pay anything other than the deposit, which, allowing for terms and conditions, is refundable).
Please check www.scudamores.com in advance for any alerts of disruption to their service.
- You MUST:
- Return any vessel hired before Scudamore’s shuts on the day of your booking (please ask the staff on the day at what time they shut).
- Return the Scudamore’s Punt Pass to the Porter’s Lodge no later than 9 am on the following day of your booking.
- Adhere to the Wolfson College Punt Club Terms and Conditions that you signed.
When are Scudamore’s Open?
Our punt passes allow us to hire any time of the year. Scudamore’s are open 364 days a year, conditions permitting. Opening hours are 9:00 to dusk, with the last boat hire time approximately 60 minutes before the day’s closing time.
Due to river conditions, sometimes Scudamore’s won’t hire out punts, so it is always best to check their website on the day of your outing:
What can I hire?
Tickets are valid for the following self-hire craft:
1. Standard 6-person punts.
2. 4-person canoes.
3. Kayaks (1 & 2-person).
4. 5-person rowboats.
Where can I go?
Standard punts are available for the College Backs and the Top River whilst the other craft are available for the Top River only.
How long do I have the boat for?
Tickets can be used from 9am. Boats must be returned by 9pm, or the day’s closing time as displayed at the punt station if it is earlier than 9pm. Any hire outside of the Applicable Hours will be charged at standard rates.